There have always been barriers to having a strong construction health & safety program. Some of those include the attitude of management & workers, a lack of understanding what exactly “strong” means, and probably the biggest obstacle, administrative burden.
Who’s going to spend time creating, distributing, collecting, and analyzing safety program information? If you don’t have dedicated safety personnel, those tasks often fall to employees that are compensated on other tasks so safety stuff will often take a back seat.
If you do have a dedicated safety person or team, the time spent on administration means those people aren’t in the field doing what they’re supposed to be doing: keeping workers safe.
We founded Harness Software on the belief that if we could make safety tasks easy, they would get done more often. When safety is top of mind, less incidents will occur, companies will suffer less disruption and benefit from lower costs.
The very first feature we built into our construction safety app was the ability to send relevant safety meeting topics to field staff, have them easily conduct these “toolbox talks” and document them in seconds.
Since 2017, the Harness safety app has been used to conduct over 25,000 safety meetings. Companies send their workers topics from our meeting guide catalog and workers in the field conduct a meeting with their crew and document it on any smartphone or tablet.
Today we’re making the toolbox talk features of Harness FREE to contractors of any size.
Why Are We Offering Free Toolbox Talks?
- Toolbox talks, when regularly conducted with the appropriate information are an effective way to keep workers safe
- A proper toolbox talk should take no more than 10-15 mins
- The majority of construction firms we surveyed found it difficult to obtain & distribute meeting materials
- Most construction firms do a poor job at documenting meetings they do hold
What’s Included in the Free Plan?
- Access to our standard toolbox talk catalog. Over 100 meeting guides on a variety of topics. Available in English & Spanish.
- Send reminder notifications to workers at any time
- Easily record meeting attendance on any smartphone or tablet
- A PDF documenting the talk and attendance, automatically emailed to you
- 14 days of reporting history
- Access for as long as required (not a trial)
How Do I Learn More Or Sign Up?
Read more about the Free Plan or click the button below to sign up for it now.